Thursday 23rd April – Home Learning Activities
Good Morning Year 2 – Here is today’s Learning at Home. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
Please read the attached PDF carefully which provides full details on all of today’s activities. A brief description has been provided below. Remember you all have the necessary log in details required. They are inside the front cover of your home learning books.
Morning Home Learning Activities
- Morning Maths – Today we are going to focus and recap our learning about addition and subtraction. Watch this video (Click Here) to help you recap your knowledge. Then complete the directed task called ‘Thursday 23rd April Multiplication and Division Reasoning Task’ on seesaw. Complete the first 15 questions. Please follow the instructions provided of how to complete the task.
- English Writing – Today you will be starting to think about your own Non-Chronological report. Log into Seesaw and click the assigned activity ‘Reading into Writing 23rd April’. Use the WAGOLL and supportive questions to help you complete the activity.
First of all, you need to decide what animal you will be basing your non-chronological report on, for example you could choose a Tiger. Using the features, we have identified we are now going to look at building your report.
Today you will need to;
- create a title for your report and pick 3 subheadings.
- You will also need to make 2 images for your report and write captions with them. You could draw these in your book or find some online. Have a look at my example.
When you have completed this, it will be very useful for when you start writing you final piece because you will have already picked all of your titles and subheadings.
- Guided Reading – Please login into Seesaw and click the activity called ‘Thursday 23rd April- Guided Reading’ then record your written task in your home learning book.
Spelling Shed – Log into spelling shed (Click Here) and complete the ‘KS1 Common Exception Words’ spelling assignment which has been set for you. Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding are looking forward to see who will be at the top of the Year 2 leader board.
Chosen 1 afternoon activity – Choose your own activity from the list provided in your Home Learning pack. Don’t forget to take a picture of what you did and upload it on Seesaw for us to see.
Don’t forget to take pictures of your work when asked to and upload them to seesaw so Miss Ward and Mrs Fielding can see the fantastic work you’ve been up to. If you have any questions or queries, please email Miss Ward (email@example.com) and Mrs Fielding (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be more than happy to help.