Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs at Boundary Primary School

Our Senco is Mrs Murfin and you can ring the school office on 287250 to arrange to speak to her.


It is the SENCOs job to:

  • Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
  • Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after the pupil has SEN
  • Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
  • Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
  • Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
  • Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
  • Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
  • Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.

At Boundary Primary School we work with children from a range of backgrounds with a wide range of needs. We aim to meet the needs of all of our children and work with parents to achieve this. Some children will need extra support or help in order to access the curriculum – there are different stages of intervention and for some children, this will come in the form of special educational needs provision.

We are continually assessing and monitoring children’s progress and achievement. If a teacher has any concerns they will talk to our Special Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) who is Mrs Murfin – we will monitor the child’s progress and look at strategies to help. The teacher will also discuss any on-going concerns with you at parents evening or arrange another time if more appropriate. If you think your child may have special educational needs (SEN) then please come and talk to your child’s class teacher in the first instance who can then also pass this on to our SENCO so that we can look at this more closely.

Local Offer

September 2014 saw the introduction of a new SEN Code of Practice and many changes to National and Local SEN policy, under the Children and Families Bill. The Local Authority, Blackpool Council, is now required to publish a Local Offer website. This will provide up to date information about the local services and support that are available to children with SEN, and their families. Schools are required to publish their Information for Parents report with details of their provision for SEN; this is then linked to the Local Authority website.

For more information about SEN, take a look at the Blackpool Local Offer Booklet or feel free to visit the Family Information Service Website.


Accessibility Plan


Speech & Language Referral Form

Click Here to Download

error: Content is protected !!