Home Learning Wednesday 1st April
Good morning Year 6. Here is today’s home learning. Remember, to try your best! We believe in you! #BoundaryBelieves
All home learning is on Google Classroom. You all have log in details that are inside the front cover of your home learning book. Remember, answers to all the work posted in the classroom will be made available to you by 13:00 (1:00pm) every day.
- If you can, start your day with the Joe Wicks workout on his youtube channel. Monday – Friday @ 9am.
- Morning Maths – Please complete all questions in your home learning maths book.
- GPS – Please complete the morning mat and answer questions in your home learning book.
- Maths – Log on to Maths Shed and spend at least 20 minutes on the tasks that have been set. We have also added a problem of the day, an arithmetic task and some ratio work.
- Spelling – Log on to Spelling Shed and spend 20 minutes on the tasks that have been set. We will be checking to see who has been on and if you haven’t, we will be asking why!!
- Reading – There is a comprehension for you to complete in your work books.
- English task – Each day there will be an extra English task to complete. Today we’d like you to write the story you have been planning. Use the character and setting you wrote about in the previous lessons and write a story that includes them both. Make sure you use a range of devices to engage the reader: cohesion, short sentences to build tension, use of powerful adjectives and verbs, dialogue to move the action forward. All of the elements we have looked at together since September.
- Elevenses with David Walliams – Sit back and enjoy a 20 minute reading from the author himself! A new story every day can be found here: https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- You have been set a Geography project that looks at reading maps across Blackpool and then further afield. We except to receive a finished project from everyone on Friday!!
- We’re going to leave the Science work on for you to be looking through. We’ve also added some videos for you to watch and some experiments to try!! We’d love to see some videos of you all completing these experiments. We have added an extra lesson – ‘The Colour Spectrum’. There are further videos to watch and a colour wheel experiment.
- You have the afternoon activity ideas on the sheet that we sent home too. Try and pick 1 or 2 activities from that. We’ve added a PDF of them at the bottom of this post.
- Remember to log in to language angels. Click on the pupil games button. Username: FrenchBoundary Password: Homelearning1
- You should have all received an email for the following website: https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login – please use your log in details to get yourself set up. We’d like everyone to have gone on at some point over the week. Well done to those who already have.
And remember if you still have time, find somewhere quiet and curl up with your book.