Governance Statement 2018-19
The Governing Board has three core functions, as set out in the Department for Education’s Governors’ Handbook:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school
- Ensuring financial health, probity and value for money
To undertake the core functions, we have established the following governance structure for our school:
Governing Board Meetings (Chaired by Mrs L. Shuttleworth-Brown) are held on a half-termly basis and as required, and focus on setting the strategic direction for the school and delegate functions to the committees of the Governing Board and individual members. These meetings include curriculum, educational performance of the school, personal development, safety, staffing, finance and premises management.
The key issues faced by our Governing Board this year have been:
- Governors have supported the school to achieve a ‘Good’ judgement in May 2017 Ofsted Inspection
- Governors have continued to monitor Pupil Premium, Sports Premium and Health and safety throughout the year
- Attainment and Achievement have been raised to the best the School has ever had; see End of Key Stage Results
The key priorities the Governing Board in line with the School Improvement Plan are to:
- Raise attainment in Reading
- Raise the profile and understanding of Greater Depth
- Develop the quality of Teaching and Learning
Restructure Governors Meetings to meet the needs of the new Governing Board.
Contact the Governing Board
If you would like to contact the Governing Board with any comments, concerns or compliments please address your correspondence in writing to the Chair of the Governing Board, C/O the school (marked private & confidential).